It's like lemonade- Sweet, Tangy, and Refreshing!

March 16, 2008

Lots to talk about...

Okay... Deep breath...

Here we go.



I'm scared, and excited, and hopeful, and worried, because a lot has happened in the past few weeks.

I- we- My affectionate, loving fiance and I- just recently found out that we're going to have a baby... and everything immediately began moving quickly. News travels fast in my family- and whoever I haven't told will be sure to hear about it soon enough. Everyone's been really supportive so far.

LarLar is worried, because she was put in a similar situation back in High School- she has a lot to say about it. But Brookie and Bethie will have a playmate when they get all grown up.

I went to the OBGYN for the first time last week- turns out I'm much- MUCH farther along than I thought I was... I'm pretty much on the cusp of beginning the second trimester. I have baby pictures, so I can see where the arm is, and the leg is, and everything.

That's not the only thing going on, though. Soon after my visit to the OB, I go in to work, only to find the office completely abuzz. They've been taking groups of five or six to an office meeting in which they get a letter that's pretty much an extended pink slip. That's right, folks... I'm fired- or I will be in seven weeks. The office closes on May 5th, and I might as well start scrambling to get a job.

I'll have to get Cobra to extend my medical insurance while I'm out of work- and I'll have to get a deferral for my college loans for a little bit. But I- We- can do it.

There's little to do in lots of time.


... strike that.

Reverse it.


~Toodles

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screw Ole Bama and Billary, I am throwing my hat in the ring in the decmocratic presidential race. My platform is "Neuter The Stupid".


"Don't call me little bastard.....Call me snake."
~The Ass Ponys

8:16 PM

 
Blogger Moueska said...

You'd be better off trying your luck with the Republicans. The Democrats are too liberal for a platform like that. And the Republicans are too busy being "Upstanding white-collar businessmen" to ever admit to the idiocy that they permit to enter their party.

I mean, hell, just look at GWB.

I'm still voting Cthulhu.

1:50 PM

 
Blogger Athene said...

As I said earlier, Congratulations!!! My friend, Mel (Chicapu) has said that she has something for you.

2:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home